According to two previous scans of my heart, my aortic valve did not close completely so the blood would flow back into my heart chamber. Instead of out to the rest of my body – it meant that the rest of the body was not getting enough blood. The measurement is called Left Ventricle Ejection Fraction (LVEF). The normal fraction is 60% and back then mine was 56%. My condition was classified as severe. The ventricle was also swollen due to extra pressure. Medical complication from such severe regurgitation includes massive organ failure, and so, doctors told me about the necessity of open-heart surgery.
During a Sunday service, Ps. Yang called out those who had a heart medical condition. He anointed me with oil and prayed for the healing of my heart. Following this prayer, I saw the doctor for a treadmill test to ascertain the condition of my heart subject to physical exertion.
This was the report of my heart condition after a 10-minute treadmill stress test: –
- The LVEF improved to 63% during exercise. (The normal person has 60% LVEF, meaning 60% of blood flows out of the heart to the rest of the body. My reading of 63% was taken during exercise.)
- My left ventricle had been enlarged…now it’s back to normal size.
- No sign of breathlessness during my run.
- The surgery recommended for me earlier has now been postponed due to all the positive signs. I will have a check-up in 12 months.
- On my chart, the doctors even recorded these words “healed vegetation”—meaning no bacteria was found in my heart valve. The initial test had found bacteria in my bloodstream.
All measurements were done by a medical team.
I praise God for this because there was no medication given to me. In fact, there is no available medication to correct this disease which could have led to massive organ failure.